Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MWI and duplicate extension

Centralized CCM process with 500 users.All the phone extensions are 4 digits. Because there are duplicate extensions(DID) across all the sites we use 7 digits mailbox in the unity. For example phone extension 2345, mailbox is 2512345(251 is site code). However I found MWI didn't work. I think the problem is mailbox doesn't match the extension. How can UNity send the MWI request to CCM for extension 2345 instead of 2512345?

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: MWI and duplicate extension

You can do it from Unity by changing Subscribers --> Messages --> MWI Extensions from X to the extension you want to light. Another optoins which I like better is to handle it from the CallManager side with a translation pattern and the MultiTenantMWIMode service parameter. Either will work.

Keith

Re: MWI and duplicate extension

it'll take a lot of work if use first option because we have 400 users. Looks the second option is very good. Thanks a lot. I'll give a try.

I have a question about the theory of the MWI for me to better understand:

When unity wants to light MWI for a phone, does it dial the target phone number or actully dial the MWI on number and inside the dialing packet it tells the CCM which extension it wants to light? If I know this it may help me to do troubleshoot.Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content