Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MWI call rings phone

Hello,<br><br>When Unity 2.4.6 attempts to light or extinguish the MWI, the phone rings and the MWI is never lit. Here is the scenario: Caller leaves message for subscriber. Unity attempts to light the MWI on that subscribers phone. However, the phone actually rings for some reason and after 4 rings, Unity is forwarded back to itself and then plays the subscribers greeting. After the greeting ends, Unity tries to light the MWI again. This goes on and on... All TSP and CM settings are the same as other installations I've done, but I’ve never interfaced with CM 3.1 before. I myself can light the MWI by dialing the number from the subscriber’s extension. What could be causing this problem? Has anyone seen this before?<br><br>Here are the Facts:<br>Unity 2.4.6(135)<br>TSP 3.02 and 3.007 (tried em both)<br>Call Manager 3.1<br>Windows 2000 SP1<br>Exchange 5.5 sp4<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: MWI call rings phone

I have seen this. The problem is that you are using the wrong switch file on the subscribers. You need to be using "Cisco CallManager 3.01 or later TAPI" for the system and the subscribers. You can change this in the SA under "Switch". Then go to the subscribers and change it under their profile. Make sure to change the default subscriber template too.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Re: MWI call rings phone

Thanks Keith,

That was the problem exactly.

Views
Helpful
Replies