Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI does not turn off

astrohmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

when I listen to a new message, this message is marked as listen and when I hang up the phone the MWI Lamp turns of. After a second the MWI Lamp turns on again. When I look in Exchange the message is marked as unread again. So the MWI must turn again. Why does Unity mark the message as unread again when I already listen it.

Unity 3.1.3

Exchange 2000

CCM 3.2.2c SPF

Achim

5 Replies 5

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're hanging up before the message is all the way done, this is actually working as designed.

If you go to this link...

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_AdvancedSettingsTool.htm

Go to the help, and look for the "Mark messages read upon hang-up" setting, that'll show you how to change this.

Hello,

I don´t hang up until I heard the whole message. I wait until the system says that I can delete the message with 3 or save it. When I press the save button the message is marked as read (or listen).

Achim

Sorry, I wasn't clear. If you get to the prompt that gives you the choice of saving or deleating, you don't chose (you hang up instead), the light will get turned back on. If you save the message and then hang up, what happens?

If I delete or save the message the light is off and don´t turns on again.

That sounds like it is working as expected; unless of course the MWI does not come back on for a new subsequent message. Just to make sure, is this is what is happening?

A new message arrives for a subscriber (that doesn't currently have any new messages). The MWI goes on. That subscriber listens to the message and either saves or deletes it (as mentioned before, if the message is not saved or deleted, the light will stay on). The MWI goes off and stays off until another new message arrives for the subscriber.

If that's what's going on, that's basically how MWI is designed to work. If that's not what is going on, please provide a detailed description and example call history of what's going on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: