Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

MWI for extensions in different partition

Hello,

We are working on an IPCCx implementation and currently have the ICD controlled line in a different partition. The partition also contains the CTI Ports. The calling search space of the line is set to our standard search space for our office. Everything has worked well until I was told that management want the ICD line to show a message waiting when there is a message in the group mailbox. Our voicemail system is integrated with our Nortel PBX and we have 2 QSIG T1?s between the PBX and our 2851 Voice Gateway. MWI is working fine but I can?t figure out a good way to allow MWI to those extensions and at the same time, prevent anyone from calling them. I have the MWI on and off extensions defined for that partition/CSS.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: MWI for extensions in different partition

Create a separate CSS for your MWI DNs to use that includes both partitions.

Brandon

Re: MWI for extensions in different partition

Thank you for the suggestion. The only problem I have with doing that is it will allow clients with Nortel Phones to dial the IPCC extensions directly.

I tried using a route filter then found that it only works with the @ route pattern.

From the sounds of it, I don't think I'll be able to limit that access to strickly MWI will I?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content