cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Lamps

jermocide
Level 1
Level 1

Recently we had a situation at one of our customers site where for no findable reason all voicemail subscribers MWI lamps were lit up. We did a refresh and that seem to turn off most of the users lamps but not all. Does anybody know what may have caused this? We are connected to an NEC 2400 switch. Thank you for any information on this post.<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

This rings a bell about an integration issue with serial on an older version of Unity. Can you provide the version/build number of the Unity system you're running?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I believe they are running 2.4.5.120.

Not applicable

I don't think we ever shipped a build 120 of 2.4.5... 2.4.0 build 120 shipped, a built 102 of 2.4.6...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I'm sorry, yea they are running 2.4.0.120. They are now telling me that phones with no unity accounts associated with them are having the lamps go on as well and when they do a mwi refresh on Unity all the lamps on the phones associated with Unity accounts do reset and the phones not associated with Unity accounts stay on. So I'm sure it is a switch isssue but if you have any additional information that would be appreciated. Thank you

Not applicable

Make sure there are not any virtual subscribers in Unity with MWI enabled -- if Unity sends too many lamp codes for extensions that do not exist in the switch it can cause the phone system to go into an alarm state. This might result in all lamps being lit, or the phone system could issue Unity a command to stop sending lamp requests for a period of time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: