cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI lights up for Voice Mail BUT not for Emails

seanwy
Level 1
Level 1

currently am using CM 3.1.2 and Unity 3.1.3,TSP 6, with Exchange 2000 installed on the Unity Server.<br><br>The problem : upon receival of voice-mails, the MWI lights up as per normal. However when an email is received, the MWI refuses to lit up, despite resyncing efforts etc.<br>is there a problem with the exchange notification ?<br><br>any workaround for this issue ?<br><br>Thanx!<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

emails do not trigger MWI activity. Only voice messages (i.e. messages tagged as IPM.Note.voice.Unity) trigger MWI events. You can trigger notification events (pagers, phones, email messages) based on email, voice, fax and/or urgent triggers but MWIs are hard coded for vice mail only.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently using Cisco Call Manager 3.1 with Service Pack 3 installed and Unity 3.1.3 with TSP 6.

The problem : The MWIs seem to be working intermittently with some users. Some messages get the MWI turned on; others do not. I once had a problem when the MWI was not working well for all the users and a reboot of the server cleared the problem at the time.

Is there any reason and more importantly a fix for this issue?

Thanks.

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

We do not light MWI's for email, only for messages of type "voice"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: