cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI lights

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 2.46 B102 TSP 32 and CM 3.09<br>MWI stopped working. I can turn the ligh on and off by punching the code on the phone. That tells me CM settings are correct. Is MWI a function of TSP or Unity. Where can I look In to this from Unty/TSP point of view...<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Just because you can turn on MWI from the phone does not mean all is configured correctly on the CallManager. In fact, it is possible to have MWI working correctly and you will not even be able to manually turn it on from the phone. Not to say that this is your problem, just that Calling Search Spaces and Partitions seam to confuse a lot of people.

Anyway, MWI is a combined function of Unity and the TSP. The Notifier process in Unity determines if MWI needs to be lit and then instructs the TSP to dial the MWI on or off DN to set MWI for a specific line.

Check in the SA to see if Unity ‘thinks’ the lamp should be lit on a subscriber. If so, you can get a CCM trace and see if the TSP is trying to dial the on/off DNs.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Well,
SA says the status on. However the user listened to the message and it is read and even deleted. I resync the MWI and the status does not change. If I want to run traces on CM which trace I should turn on for MWI...

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

So the lamp is stuck on then...?

On the CallManager you would turn on the CCM trace. Check out:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/cm_trace.html

In the trace you should see the Unity port go off hook and dial the MWI number. But this does not sound like your problem.

Are you getting any MAPI errors in the event log? Sounds like the Notifier is having problems.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

There are no errors in the event log. How do I check the Notifier on Unity to see if that works correctly.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

Sean,
Check out the CCO pages for Unity support. There are documents on how to resolve the MWI issues with IP Integration. They will help you.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: