Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

MWI not functioning.

Call Manager 3.0

Unity 2.4.6

The unified messaging appears to be functioning aside from the fact that the MWI is not lighting. I have run down the list of common misconfigs and everything looks ok. TSP and MWI DN's match and are not being used by any other resources. Tried verifying that unity was configured correctly by running a utility that comes with unity, I don't remember the name offhand, that displays if and who unity is calling when you resynch the switch in the unity administrator. The DN's that it is displaying me are not the one that I have assigned elsewhere and I can find no resources in CM or unity using them. What am I missing?

2 REPLIES

Re: MWI not functioning.

Hi rimon,

try to take a look at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/mess_not_ts.html

I found it a good troubleshooting guide.

Are you able to turn on the lamp (and off as well)dialing the MWI ON number.

Sometimes I've seen that, with Unity, a system restart is necessary to let the things working.

Paolo Marovino

Re: MWI not functioning.

We experienced this problem after upgrading to CCM 3.1.2(c), w/Unity 2.4.6(135). Running the Exchange database optimizer on the Unity box fixed the problem, strange as it sounds. Your mileage may vary.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content