Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MWI not working for CUE

Folks,

I am trying to troubleshoot why the MWI is not working in my CCME/CUE box. I am reading a very good document on cco that talks about how to enable trave on cue and see sip debugs.

trace ccn stacksip dbug

clear trace

mwi refresh telephonenumber 0655

show trace buffer long

How ever, when i execute these commands, i do not see any output, do i need to enable logging or something on cue for me to see output??? i tried everything but no output, it is just like when you telnet and enable debuging, but you do not have term monitor on. please help.

thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: MWI not working for CUE

9 times out of 10 MWI issues are caused by misconfigurations. Can you post your current "show run" from the CME router and "show run" from the CUE?

MWI works if i do it manually, like go to a phone and type in 9700.... or 9800.... where .... is the phone extension. It does not work when someone leaves message or retrieves a message.

I am sure grade helpful post.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

I don't see all of your dial-peers in the configuration you posted. Without that I can only guess that the inbound MWI messaging from CUE is matching an inbound H.323 instead of a SIP dial-peer. This will cause MWI to break. Try adding this to dial-peer voice 84:

incoming called-number 9[7-8]00....

This will cause calls to numbers 9700.... or 9800.... to match dial-peer 84 inbound, thus picking the proper SIP dial-peer.

If it still doesn't work, appropriate debugs to run are:

debug voip ccapi inout

debug ccsip message

Note the extension of the phone where you are trying to light the MWI.

Views
Helpful
Replies