Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MWI not working with New Emails

I have Unity 2.4.6 running on an NT4, Exchange 5.5 single server environment. It is integrated with CM 3.0(9), and tsp 1.0.28. When I leave a voice mail, the MWI works. When a new email is received the MWI does not come on. I can listen to the email through the phone, and when I listen to a new email, the new message indication goes out on my PC.<br><br>Any Suggestions?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: MWI not working with New Emails

The MWI functionality only works for voice mail message types (i.e. messages in your inbox with the message class of IPM.Note.Voice.Unity). Emails, faxes, receipts etc... do not trigger MWI events. They can trigger notification events (i.e. pager dialouts, text pagers, call you at home etc...) but not lamps.

The lamp is probably going out when you call in since you checked both your voice mail and email while you were in. As soon as the voice mail is marked read, however, the lamp off should have been sent. No activity (on or off) should be triggered when other message types change their read state in your inbox.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content