Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MWI not working with SMDI

I've configured CMI on a Call Manager and set Tracing to Detailed.

When I send an MWI LampOn command to Call Manager from my PC by generating an OP:MWI 2003...... command I see in the Log that Call Manager received the message to turn MWI on for extension 2003 but the light does not get turned on.

Also, should I be seeing an acknowledge message back from Call Manager?

I am not seeing any.

Ted

2 REPLIES

Re: MWI not working with SMDI

I'd need more info to better troubleshoot.

What kind of VM system are you using? Is it setup correctly for MWI, correct # of digits, same mwi on/off DN's, correct MWI Keepalive DN? Is the SMDI cable plugged into the correct serial port on the CCM Server? Is the serial port on the CCM set to the correct settings (baud, stop bits, etc)?

Are you seeing MWI Keepalives in the trace files? You can test the MWI connection by connecting the SMDI cable between your VM system and a pc. Open a terminal app on the pc and set it up to the same terminal settings as the VM System, you should see MWI keepalive messages coming from the VM System

What version of CCM are you using? If it's 3.2 or 3.3 do you have MWI on/off DN's configured in CCM. You can test this by taking an ip phone off hook and dialing the MWI On DN, the light should turn on, take the phone off hook again and dial the MWI Off DN, the light should go out.

If you have more than one CCM server in your cluster, make sure you only have one instance on CMI running.

What are you using as a gateway between the VM system and the CCM? Is it registered with the CCM?

tim

Tim Medley, CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

Cisco Employee

Re: MWI not working with SMDI

In addition to the above, you may want to make sure that your MwiSearchSpace is properly filled in. This is populated with a colon (:) separated list of partitions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content