Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI problems

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a few customers who are having similar issues regarding MWI. What is happening is the light on the phone is always lit even when all messages are read. The only way I have found to fix it is to go into the subscribers settings and refresh the MWI status.

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Frank

6 Replies 6

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not much information to go on here. Unity version? Integration type? Any errors/warnings in the event log?

sorry about that.

Unity 3.1(5) CM 3.2(2c) SP G. Unity tsp 7.02. No errors in the event log.

OK, for those users, we'd probably want to start from the top and ensure that the correct Exchange notifications are arriving. In fact, I think there is a MWI macro trace that can be enabled. If you enable that, and find a subscriber currently in the troubled state, clear out all of their new voice mails if they have any. You can do this be either deleting or saving those messages. Then call into that subscriber's mailbox, leave a message and then delete it. I'd be interested to see the traces for that entire process. These would be in the AvCsMgr diag file.

Thanks,

I will post them next time I see the problem

steven.brummer
Level 1
Level 1

Frank,

You may be experiencing a known bug (CSCdz88921). I recently upgraded to Unity 3.1(5) and started experiencing this bug and the symptoms were exactly like yours.

You'll know for sure if you do not receive message store events in your diag files when subscribers get new voicemails and when they access their voicemails. Doing the steps mentioned earlier in this thread will let you know for sure.

Hope this is helpful,

Steve

Ok,

Here is the trace:

Moderator note:

Trace removed due to size.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: