Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MWI slow to turn on or only when hitting the refresh button on subscriber

I am running Unity 4.0 unified messaging off box exchange store. Call manager 3.32c the install and integration between Exchange and Call manager is great. I read all the technotes I have tested everything. I placed the patch on the unity server for the MAPI isssue. Tac tells me to run optimizer on unity. I only have the Exchange Admin on the unity box. We ran the optimizer on the exchange box. I did read about doubling the optimzer amounts to all for unity. is that true. does anyone have any advice for me. I am at a loss. It has never worked properly. the MWI lights are very very slow or dont turn on at all until I refresh it. I hits their inbox immediatly.

10 REPLIES

Re: MWI slow to turn on or only when hitting the refresh button

Hello -

How many ports do you have configured for MWI-dialout compared to total number of ports? Can you dial the MWI-on extension from an IP phone and the light goes on immediately? Same for dialing the MWI-off extension? Also - is this happening for all subscribers?

Ginger

We have 16 ports the last 2 15 and 16 are set for dialout MWI..I have changed it to 1.

Yes I can dial 1000 for on and 1001 for off it goes on and off immediately.

yes for all extenstions. I have a tac case open and sent all logs..

What I found out today is that I made a call and left a message. I had the Mapi notification diag trace on. I checked it and it took 9 min before I saw the row table added info for that subscriber and then the light came on.

Is this an issue where the exchange isnt sending notification to unity. I can hit resync and it does it automatically.

If I either refresh individuals or resync all or I stop and start avmsgstoremonitor service lights go off and on. I see them go out the port I assigned. otherwise it could take up to 30 sometimes 40 minutes now. HELP

I have opened a tac case but I cant seem to get the engineer to respond. Its been a week now

Did you get this resolved?

I now have the same problem.

I applied microsoft patch KB823980 for the latest RPC issue last night.

I wonder if that might be the problem?

I'll uninstall tonight to see if it helps

-Boris

sure havent...I have had a case open with tac for 2 weeks and finally the customer said we need to get it fixed or pull it...so I raised the priority and all day long I have been working and send traces and log files to cisco...with still no resolution...

Are you using ccm 3.3.2 and unity 4.0 1?

Amy,

Have you considered upgrading to 4.0(2)? I'm running CM 3.3(2) SP-C and Unity UM 4.0(2) with Exchange 2K off-box. I have not had this issue. Just a thought.

That is good to know....The Developement people in seattle now have opened up a case saying that It may be a bug...If I get no resolution by tonight I am going to suggest this and point out that you are running 402..and it works fine. Thank you so much for your input.

I upgraded to 402 but no help with MWI's they are still delayed 20 to 50 minutes..It goes straight intothe inbox and if you look at their subscriber in unity it shows that they have a mail msg but the light wont light for several min...unless I hit refresh. They are saying it is a microsoft issue...GRR...

One of the many tests I had to run was the Bulk logout util of the sub I was testing with and it gave me a permissions error...does this mean anything. I have checked and tripple checked all permissions...Any thoughts? please someone

I just wanted to follow this up. I did some extensive testing to find that if I move the mailboxes over to a new exchange server that I built it works perfectly. I believe my problem was the Exchange 55 server, even though there were no noticealby warnings in the event logs.

hi amy. not sure if this helps for 5.5 but i just had the same problem of delayed mwi for 5-40 minutes with e2k and it turned out that the customer's exchange server had the appletalk protocol intalled and uninstalled by accident some time ago and some registry settings left over from this cause the delay. there is a trouble shooting doc on cisco.com just search appletalk and mwi. worked for me. jim astectelecom

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content