Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Stays on after message is checked

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 4.0(5) and Notes Server 6.5.4, client 6.5.4 and DUCS 1.2.2

When a user has finished listening to a message the MWI stays on until a referesh status for messages for the subscriber or Resynchronization of MWI from UTIM.

I have about 40 Subscribers and 16 VM ports. Port 16 is dedicated to dial out MWI.

Any ideas why MWI stays on after listening to message.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

lnthompson
Level 1
Level 1

Have you recently changed the Notes domain for the users?

Try and run "Tell UCADMINP REFRESH" and "Tell UCADMINP FLUSH" on the Notes server console.

Then stop and start Unity.

Should work after that.

The notes domain have not changed. You seem pretty sure that the "Tell UCADMIN REFRESH and Tell UCADMIN FLUSH on the notes server console will fix this problem.

Have you run into this issue with notes before, and was this the fix? what exactly do these commands do on notes, and how does it affect MWI? Thanks

If you delete all the messages in the voice mail view does it turn off the light?

If yes, run those commands. I will have to dig up the docs on what they actually do, but it was harmless in our situation.

When you say "voice mail view" are you refering to DUCS client? they are not using DUCS Client on their PC

The users listen to all their new messages, but the MWI stays on

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What happens when you dial the MWI off extension from the device? If it still does not work then, it could be miscounfiguration of the integration or CSS/Parition issue.

Chris

I can dial the MWI ext on and off from all extensions on the network

Did those commands work for you?

I have not tried them yet, will do it later tonight after working hours. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: