cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Stuck On

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello <br><br>site 1 unity 3.12c tapi 6.01 callmanager 3.13a servicepackb<br>site 2 unity 3.12c tapi 6.01 callmanager 3.12c<br><br>I have 2 sites running the above configuration . I recently upgraded unity on both to 3.12c. Both sites now experience intermitent problems where MWI lights get stuck on even though there are no new messages. One site, a major corporation in the uk has this problem in around 30 of 800 extensions. Rebooting clears the problem for a bit, but i need a long term solution.<br><br>please help me.<br><br>jim<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Also we have this error in the event logs

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: AvMiu_MC
Event Category: Warning
Event ID: 521
Date: 24/04/2002
Time: 10:43:59 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SHOVM
Description:
Component Miu: Thread 0x00000B0C had a Failure on Port 8 in Method CAvTSPAbstraction::Selsius_SetMWI()

DESCRIPTION: HardFailure from lineDevSpecific.
DETAILS:
DestAddress: 7104
State: OFF
ErrorCode: 0x00000102.

When I've seen this problem before, it was because the site had an overlapping dial plan with the MWI on/off Dn's. So like the MWI on code was 123 and they had extensions of the form 1234 and 1235, etc.... 123X.

So when Unity dials the MWI on code, CM can't resolve that uniquely yet and waits around for the interdigit delay. By that time, Unity has gotten tired of waiting for the MWI to happen and gives up thinking it failed. But the lamp does actually work eventually, and we get into the state where Unity thinks it's off but it's really on. When they check the message, Unity thinks the lamp is already off and doesn't send the off request ... etc etc.

So the point of the story is: Do you have an overlapping dial plan with the MWI on/off Dn numbers? Does that make sense or am I being too confusing?

Michael Kale, mkale@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: