Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MWI using Skinny on CM 3.02

I am having a little trouble. I cannot configure Unity for MWI with CM 3.0. The integration in the SA also says TAPI, while the integration in the edit switch utility is empty. Also, I cannot edit that switch from the Edit Switch. The MWI fields in the SA are locked.<br><br>I am using the AVCiscoTSP on Unity 2.4.0.120.<br><br>Any ideas? <br><br>--<br>Jeremy Williams, Systems Engineer<br>Professional Network Services

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: MWI using Skinny on CM 3.02

This sounds like you have the wrong integration type selected on the switch page.

Unity 2.4.0 is looking for “NONE” for the integration type for the Cisco call manager stuff. In Unity 2.4.5 we will be introducing a special “TAPI” integration type to clean things up a big (NONE is used for some analog integrations as well). We accidentally released one of the 2.4.5 switch files in a 2.4.0 CD for the 120 release that has the TAPI integration type in it. I’m guessing you have that selected.

The TAPI integration type is not recognized by 2.4.0 so it will disable MWI and direct call integration (i.e. automatically logging you into your mailbox) and the like.

To fix this simply choose one of the other Cisco switch files that has “NONE” as the integration type. The 3rd file has “SERIAL” which is used for the SMDI link integration… Once you have it selected, restart Unity and it should be fine.

You should also double check to make sure the security key has “NONE” as the integration type as well. Do this by running Dump Key in the Unity program group. If it’s set to something besides NONE we’ll need to get you an in field update code to change it for you.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

Re: MWI using Skinny on CM 3.02

Thanks for the help, but that was not it.

Actually I figured it out by accident. I was playing around and noticed that one phone had a MWI on. It didn't have any messages, tho. I assumed that I reversed my on/off directory numbers, but they were correct in the switch config. The trick was that I had them reversed in the Skinny Service Provider! I didn't realize that those settings didn't pull from the same source. It appears to me that when you use the SkinnyTSP the MWI setting in the Switch Utility is not used. The only ones that appear to matter for MWI are in the SkinnyTSP. Correct?

--
Jeremy Williams, Systems Engineer
Professional Network Services

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content