cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

How do I monitor whether MWI is working in a Call-Manager environment? I don't see any MWI activity in the status monitor(the detail one) nor from the call viewer. Would like to know what traces to turn on to make that happen. :)<br><br>Systems Engineer

4 Replies 4

mslaga
Level 1
Level 1

In Status monitor, make sure that all three checkboxes are set for monitor activity. You should also pull up your last few ports as Unity sends it's MWI's out starting from the last port. It will show you the number dialed for MWI. The status monitor is under the commserver directory under tools I think.

Matt Slaga
TimeBridge Technologies
MCNE, MCSE2k-4.0-3.51, CCNA, CIPT2.0

Not applicable

I experience also the no MWI Problem.

The service parameters for Call Manager and the Skinny Wizard are configured as follows:

MessageWaitingOnDN 7010
MessageWaitingOffDN 7020
VoiceMail 7000

When i start the Status Monitor, with all the three boxes checked, i can see the following on the display box:
Idle
Playing greeting for subscriber: subscriber name
Taking Message for subscriber: subscriber name
Idle

When I go on the Unity Administation Window to Subscribers>Messages:
The box for 'Use MWI for message notification is checked. But after Refresh Status is pressed, the status is always off.

What must i enter in the extention field (one extention, all extentions ore a wildcard) when in want to use MWI on all my Cisco CP 7960 Phones?

Are any other configs on Unity nessesary to get MWI running?

Is there a limitation on the Unity version 2.4.5.57 with Callmanager 3.0(6)?

Consultant
All IPTel AG

Not applicable

You need to have an 'X' in the extension field for the MWI. This tells Unity to set the MWI for the extension of the subscriber. This is the default value so you should not have to change it.

If this is not set properly then Unity will not be able to set the extension for the susubscriber and the status might stay off even after you refresh.

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com

Not applicable

To monitor MWI activity using the standalone Status Monitor, you will need to monitor the Display state and not just the Conversation or Application states.

To do this, either select Trace>Display from the running port monitor or select the Display checkbox from the "Monitor settings when started" field when first starting Status Montior.

Mike Maas
Unity Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Active Voice
mmaas@activevoice.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: