Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MWI

Hi,

I am having Intermittent MWI issues. I ma running Unity 3.1(5) and CM 3.2(2c) SP G. Unity is running TSP 7.0.2. The problem I run into is that ocasionaly I will leave a users a voice mail and unity will not light the MWI. This happens a lot with new users. If I restart Unity or hit refresh on the subscriber page this fixes the issue.

I also enabled MWI Macro traces on unity and have captured the diag file (too big to post). I never see unity enter the following message for that user:

AvNotifier_MC,1146,-1,-1,Notifier,21,eNOTIFYQ_ACTION_MSG_NEW

After I restart unity All is well.

Any Ideas? Or if anyone wants to see the whole trace file I can e-mail it.

Thanks

Frank

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: MWI

If that message appears when the MWI does not turn, we can assume the following...

1. The Exchange notification arrived from Exchange (that's good)

2. The ExchangMonitor is currently logged into this sub's box (that's good)

3. The ExchangeMonitor has "pushed" the notification event over to the notifier (that's good).

Based on this information, that's avbout all we can assume. It looks like we'll need to take the troubleshooting from the notifier on up. Can you "grep" out the notifier traces that you gathered? Something like this...(replace diag_AvCsMgr_filename with the actual name of the diag file, it'll need to be the full path to the directory in which that file resides, or run the findstr from the directory where the diag file is)

findstr /c:"notifier" diag_AvCsMgr_filename > trace.txt

Cisco Employee

Re: MWI

Unless I am missing something - I think Frank is saying that the notifier messages are not appearing until he restarts or refreshes the subscriber. Or, are you fishing for a different MWI problem to solve ;-)

Frank, if this is the case please refer to this conversation for ideas:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.ee93f45

Views
Helpful
Replies