Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

mwi

Installed Unified messaging ok. Tested ok under Tapi interface in control panel ok and also transferred to unity system if we dialled the Unity extension. Once however we added MWI on/off we keep getting engaged tone when we dial the messaging extension also if we dial the extension of the messagewaiting on/ off extension. Can you please advise?<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: mwi

Sorry to ask a stupid question here, but by engaged tone do you mean re-order? If you can't dial the MWI DN from an IP phone, you'll need to truck over to the CallManager server, there's nothing on Unity that can help that.

Re-verify the service parameters for the MWI on and off DN and the VM number. If you have multiple CallManager servers in a cluster, check them all. I don't think that CallManager services parameters are replicated from publishers to subscribers.

Keith, Dustin or anyone, is that thought on the service parameters correct?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Absolutely right. Those service parameters are not replicated to other CM's in the cluster.

I have no idea what the 'engaged' tone is. Could you clarify this for us?

-Dustin

Anonymous
N/A

Steve,

apologies, I do mean 're-order'.
all parameters have been re-checked on both subscriber and publisher and MWI on/off and VM values are correct. Also Unity is not answering the call, if we ring an extension it contiously rings.

Anonymous
N/A

If you can't dial the MWI DN from a phone, we'll likely point you to TAC folks that handle CallManager.

If you call each voice mail extension individually, will they answer?

Also, what are the versions of Unity, the TSP, and CallManager?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content