Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cisco Employee

MWI

Question,,,I Understand if you have Personal folders in outlook why when the Voicemail is moved to that folder there is no message light because the Personal foler is stored in a different place usually. But if I create a new folder in my inbox it is in the same place correct? I have a rule set up to move any messages that are sent to me that are voicemail to go to that voicemail folder that I created within the inbox. Not personal folders... so I am confused as to why the message light wont work with that. <br><br><br>Amy Jones<br>Senior Systems Analyst<br>AAC Associates<br>703-918-6394

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: MWI

Unity can only look at the Inbox folder.
Subfolders and personal folders don't count.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Cisco Employee

understand...is that code written in to unity? Will it ever be changed. People love to make folders for voicemail, faxmail, and email...to keep organized...Just wondering.

Amy Jones
Senior Systems Analyst
AAC Associates
703-918-6394

Anonymous
N/A

It's a bit tricky to monitor other folders for a couple reasons... first, Exchange doesn't offer a snappy way (yet) to get events triggered on any custom folders a user may have created on the system side. We need this capability to know to truck out and filter the folder. We can do this for the inbox, sent items, deleted items and the like but for custom folders there's no easy way to do this at the moment (future versions of Exchange have some nifty things in store for such features which we'll be all over when they arrive).

Also, your typical IS guy is going to want you to create folders on your client PC, not on the server... we have no ability to get triggers (and probably never will) for messages changing states in a private folder on the client and even if we did, the rights to truck out and paw through your folders on the client would be ugly at best.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

We hope to one day be able to access information in other folders such as Sent Items, Tasks, Calendar, etc. -- but that functionality requires long development and testing cycles. It also helps to request features like this from your account team, as demand from the field can be influential in prioritizing new features.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content