Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MWl not won't turn off can't access unity

I have Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.6.135 and CM 3.13a - One of my users mwl will not turn off and when he tries to dial into unity via his phone, after he enters his password he gets the following message "this system it temporarily unable to complete your call". Any ideas what I should check first? His inbox message store is also reporting 0 kb. He is able to access voice messages from outlook. I can turn off and on the light manually.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: MWl not won't turn off can't access unity

The first thing to check here is the application event log - whenever you get the failsafe message like that one or more errors should be kicked out that will give us a starting point - given that the MWI wont go off and the user can't log in, I'm guessing there's a problem logging in via MAPI to that guy's mailbox for some reason... rights or a damaged Exchange mailbox come to mind.

found the following in the app event log -

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10002

Date: 5/5/2003

Time: 7:27:21 AM

User: N/A

Computer: EXUM1

Description:

IAvDohMailUser::get_PrimaryMailbox returned [0x8004000c] on line 209 of file h:\commsvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 2

Subscriber Display Name : Reid, Phillip

Subscriber Alias : ReidP

Running conversation SubMsgCount on Port 2

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10002

Date: 5/5/2003

Time: 7:27:21 AM

User: N/A

Computer: EXUM1

Description:

GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 108 of file h:\commsvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 2

Subscriber Display Name : Reid, Phillip

Subscriber Alias : ReidP

Running conversation SubMsgCount on Port 2

Cisco Employee

Is there more than one exchange server involved here? Any chance this user was moved betweeen one Ex55 server and another? If this was done while someone was logged into the mailbox (i.e. the Unity notifier) it would leave two mailboxes around and leav us pointing at the bogus one (i.e. an empty one with 0 k in it as you noted in the first post) while their outlook client would be pointing at the real one.

Just a theory - if Exchange is reporting 0 K there's definitely something wierd going on in Exchange land though...

Yes as I learn more about this problem, there are muliple exchange servers and a group of accounts were moved recently - some of which were Unity accounts. I now have 3 users with the same problem. I'm deleting the unity account and waiting overnight for the replication to occur and will re-create the unity side then.

Cisco Employee

Actually, that may not be enough... it may work but I've seen cases where both the new home store _and_ the old home Exchange store that housed the user that was moved need to be rebooted to clear Exchange's handle issue here. You might get lucky but if not you may want to plan for a system wide reboot this weekend or something.

Jeff - your right, it wasn't my lucky day as the accounts are still locked. I will talk with our exchange admin about the reboot.

good old fashion reboot fixed all the problems.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content