cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My 7970 fell down

pepito1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i did a factory reset for a 7970g ip phone and it never loads again. It gets stuck in a presentation screen where is the Cisco and Java Logo also each line button flashes on and off in sequence in yellow. What can i do??? Please help me i will apreciate that

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I have a phone in a similar state that I hope to fix next week (it's been shipped to a site)...

I built a console cable for the phone and could see it try to TFTP a certain version of the firmware - I didn't have the firmware so it failed.

Another forum member supplied me with the load I need so I'm hoping this will fix it.

I'd suggest you build a cable, see what's going on - the boot output is quite readable...

This link is for 7940/60 but the cable is the same:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ebe69.html

Aaron

ps Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron i tried the cable on a 7960 ip phone and worked but when i tried it on my 7970 it didnt ... do u have another url where i can obtain more information, thanks

Hi

It's the same cable - I looked at the 7960 manual and used the cable on a 7970 no problem.

If it doesn't work on 7970 then maybe your phone is much more screwed than mine!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!