Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Mysterious 911 calls

Has anyone experienced where a location calls and say that 911 is being called from a Cisco 7940 phone but they are claiming that nobody actually places the call. However, you see it in the dialed calls, and we also see it in the Call Detail Record. I know that the phone did not dial it by itself but am looking for other similiar experiences. This is more of a PR issue since this is a brand new system.

3 REPLIES

Re: Mysterious 911 calls

If you have a "911" pattern set, then people could be accidentally dialing 91+ a 1 instead of a digit [2-9] (for long distance calls). When they see that they accidentally dialed a 911 they panic and hang up. So i have had to slow 911 (not 9911) down by setting up a translation pattern like 9110 (this will help create interdigit timeout). That way it will give them 15 secs (T302 timer) to hang up, but of course the downside is 911 calls dont go out immediately. I guess it way better than having to 500$ for each cop visit.

Sankar

PS:please remember to rate posts!

Sankar,

What is the best way to track who dials 911?

Thanks,

Chris

Go to the CallDetailRecord in the CDR database (SQL --> Enterprise Manager) right click and select open table --> Query.

Select the originalcalledparty number box and under criteria put 911 and then execute the query.

HTH

//Jorge

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content