Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Name Confirmation

We have noticed a change from when we originally installed our Unity system (2.4) to the newest release 2.4.6. When addressing messages from your own mailbox, the system used to play the subscribers name to confirm the addressee. However, with 2.4.6 we only get "added" after entering the extension. I don't see a problem with it, but my users are really screaming to get that feature back. Is there a registry setting we can change to get that back? Thanks!<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Name Confirmation

The key you want to add here is:

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Conversation\1.0\Address Searcher\"Dual Name Confirmation"

add it as a DWORD (it wont be there by default) and set it to "1". This will force us to always bark out the voice name of the selected user either addressing a new message or forwarding a message. If memory serves you don't need to restart Unity before this takes effect.

As a side note I have a utility on my web site that has a bunch of these registry key settings (including this one) setup so you can just select them in a list and apply new values without having to wander around the registry adding/modifying them.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content