cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Name Display between Nortel Meridian and Call Manager

steve-parrish
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone got calling party name display working between a Nortel Meridian PABX system and Call Manager 3.1.3a and a 3640 gateway?

I have setup QSig between the two and get CLID both directions but no name.

The Call Manager is setup as an H323 gateway with "display ie delivery" on.

10 Replies 10

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

You will probably not get calling name to work with q.sig and callmanager, because q.sig puts the calling name in the facility information eletment and callmanager looks for calling name in the display information element.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Thanks for that.

Is there any way of Calling Name passed betwwn a Meridian PABX and Call Manager?

Once the next version of CallManager after 3.2 is released in the next few months, this should work.

In the meantime, the only way I know of would be to use a different PRI protocol on the Nortel that will pass name information in a Display IE, such as SL100.

Thanks

I have setup many PRI circuits between Meridian and CCM and have no problems delivering name across. I have also done T-1 CAS but there are trunk lockout issues to be aware of with both configurations on the Nortel side.

hi,

do we have to configure anything to the router (or maybe the CM) gateway in order to send caller name from CM to PBX? We have an EI PRI connection to a Lucent PBX using a 3660 gateway and we have caller name displayed to IP Phones (for calls coming from the PBX), but not the other way around.

CM version 3.1(3)a

Thanks,

Yanna

sean / foneguy

What method are you using?

eg: ETSI Tie on meridian primary-net5 on the router and call manager

can you supply some configs for both ends

thanks

steve

Hi,

What are the protocolos that you are using?

Any special issues? I've tried and i can see names in the q931 setup message but only in the information element.

Can you explain better what are the config that you implement?

Best regards,

SP

Hi

I have tried QSig but because QSig uses facility IE's and not Display IE's only CLID was being passed from and to the meridian pabx via a h323 gateway(3640) programmed as primary-QSig.

So I tried etsi(300) on the meridian and primary-net5 on the gateway still no names but CLID.

Lastly I thought I might be able to get DMS100 protocol working between the two, but because it wasn't possible to set the meridian or the gateway to network side. (ie both would only allow user side - which is understandable)it wouldn't work.

So I really want to know how poeple have managed to get names passed from/to a meridian with an E1 to a h323 gateway.

Note: I was at one point able to get the q931 debug trace to show names in either direction in the display IE when I attempted DMS100 protocol. but couldn't stand the link due to network/user side issues

Sounds like I am missing something here?

steve

Hy

We had exatly the same problem with a Meridian, we only see the name in the information element from q931.

Is it possible that you can post the config from the Gateway , and when its possible also from the Maridian PABX.

Thanks Philipp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: