cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Name Display integration between Nortel Meridian and CCM

dgrowlands
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone provide direction on integrating Call manager with a Nortel Meridian PBX such that name display works when making calls between handsets connected to each system?

23 Replies 23

s-pinto
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Try the follow:

Your gateway must be configured as QSIG as wel as your Nortel PBX.

Then in CCM you have to activate IE Delivery in system parameters.

If you do debug isdn q931 in your gw you should see the names beeing delivered.

Regards,

SP

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, CallManager can't decode the Facility IE that QSIG uses to deliver name information. CallManager sends a Display IE with name information, and that is what it can decode as well.

Use SL100 or DMS100 on the Nortel. Configure the Cisco as DMS100. If using an IOS gateway, use 12.2(5a). Remember to check the "Display IE Delivery" checkbox on the gateway configuration in CallManager.

Dave, I'm doing this same thing but with a Lucent Definity G3. What signalling do you recommend for proper name display?

Thanks,

Dave,

thanks for the info - we can't use DMS100 because the router and switch can only be configured as talking to a network i.e. as a user end. In order for this to work we would need the router to emulate a DMS100 network side.

Based on this info, has anyone, anyway succeeded in getting name display to work between a Cisco CCM phone and a Nortel Meridian handset (specifically!)

thanks again...

Daran

Daran

Please, you can explain to me since you made to visualize the name between Nortel PABX and CallManager.

I am making this configuacion but I do not have positive results.

I do not have a working solution...

You can use SL100 network-side on the PBX, which is basically the same thing. Then configure the router as dms100 user side, and on the D channel serial interface, configure isdn flip-chan-bit and it should work.

Hi,

I am able to send Display IE , but only send. PBX (Nortel Meridian 1) ignore this message. I am using “net5”, I am not able to use DMS100 because both sides support only user side, not network side.

On debug, there is no IE “names” going from PBX. I don’t know how to configure PBX to send IE in the same format. SE from KAPSCH told me that only Qsig is able to carry names over trunk. I tried Qsig but with the same results.

Is there anybody who have this config running, or it is really possible to send “name massages” over trunk between Cisco and Nortel PBX?

Any helps are appreciated

Thanks, Ivan

We do have the name display working. Dave's configuration postings are correct. There was an additional option to set on the PBX to get it to send the display name. Under the D channel setup there is an option for RCAP. That needs to be set to DN2

Barney,

that's certainly good news. Can you let me know the exact model and s/w versions you are using for the routers, ccm's and PBX's - want to make sure we are comparing like for like.

regards,

Daran.

You bet.. We have a vg200 running version 12.2(6a) using H.323.

CCM version 3.1.2c

The PBX is a Nortel Meridian Option 81c running generic 2611 release 2319 The trunk card is qpc720f.

Hope this helps

Hi,

based on your help I am able to see "names" in call setup from both sides.

But call setup is not complete and is followed by

Cause i=0x81e4 - Invalid information element contents.

It looks like wrong signalling error between SL100 and DSM100. Please could you help me with detail config. On Cisco site I specified only ISDN switch type DMS100.

I am running on C2650 IOS 12.2(6a) and on PBX there is Meridian 1-Option11c,Release 23.47 Kapsch PH1.

Regards Ivan

One more note:

What does it mean command "isdn flip-chan-bit". I didnt find any reference or explenation. I am not able to type-in this command.

Ivan

Here is the config on the serial interface.

interface Serial1/0:23

no ip address

no logging event link-status

isdn switch-type primary-dms100

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn flip-chan-flag

no cdp enable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: