cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Name Sorting in Corporate Directory

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We are using Cisco CallManager 3.3 and Cisco IP Phone 7940 series. We are trying to purposively put some one's name on top of the sorting list in Corporate Directory. We tried to leave a blank space in front of a name or adding "A" in front of a name but it doesn't help. Has any one tried this and figured out a way of doing it?

4 Replies 4

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

What are you searching on? First name, last name, or directory number?

Did you try modifying the last name? I believe that CallManager will sort by last name as a secondary sort order if you search by first name or directory number.

Also, try putting an underscore in front of the last name, as underscore characters generally sort before alphabetical values. That may cause a particular person to rise to the top...

Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Here is what I do: Press on "Directories" button, select 4, which is Corporate Directory, and then press on the "search" soft key. By default, it is searching on lastname and I just do a blank search. There are two problems I have: first, the list does not include all the people whose last name starting with "a". Second, even if I have a person's name as "_AAA" or "AAA" or "aaa", I can't force it to the top of the list.

Please let me know if you have any idea, we appreciate it.

That is interesting. It works fine here (on a 7960, which should not be a factor).. doing a blank search returns a list of users sorted by last name, last names starting with an underscore are at the top of the list, followed by last names beginning with 'A', then 'B', etc...

We are also currently running 3.3(3). We are using the DCDirectory that comes with CallManager, and are not integrated with Active Directory/Netscape.

When you select the Corporate Directory from the Directory list, the default functionality is to call the C:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP\xmldirectoryinput.asp page. Once you enter your criteria (blank by default), you are redirected to the xmldirectorylist.asp page. You can call the directorylist page from your browser using this URL:

http://CALLMANAGER/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.asp by replacing CALLMANAGER with your CallManager hostname or IP address.

It seems like your CallManager is using a different sort order. I hope it is not a locale issue...

Perhaps applying the latest SR may resolve it?

Not applicable

Thanks for your reply and let me know such wonderful information. Well, I did use the browser and go into the http://CCManger/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.asp and it showed exactly what I saw from the phone list.

Anyway, what is "SR"? Is it something like service pack? I am pretty new to this whole PBX/IP phone business, please let me know and thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: