Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NamedProps error

When trying to run config setup on 3.12. We put in the names of the server and LDAP port (2015) we get this error.<br>NamedProps error, hr=140064<br><br>The Unity is win2k and the customer is running exchange 5.5 with nt domains. Please advise.<br><br>

6 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: NamedProps error

That's a new on one me... haven't seen that one before. I'll forward to the setup/config guys but you'd best make sure you get a TAC case open for this one.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I reported this problem on Monday night to TAC. Case #C320356. They told me I dont what I am talking about...I reinstalled the system 3 times...Finally I got somebody 's attention today that there might be a bug in this version.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Aplication Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure
Anonymous
N/A

The CPR team is looking at this now... Ben spent the entire day wading through code relating to syscheck and and around this problem. The short story at the moment is we're trying to bind to the directory root (to do things like find the users containers etc...) and it's failing for some reason. There's two sites we know of that have seen this, but poking around in one of them remotely this afternoon didn't turn much up that was helpful. They're trying to recreate the scenario here in house and see if we can nail down why it's choking at this point.

we'll keep you posted when there's a resolution...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

I have the same problem on ticket C328861. I have been nosing around the Exchange server (5.5) and found that the permissions for the account I am using are "Custom" at the site level. Everywhere else down the tree the account has the "Services Account Admin". Could this be where the problem is?

Anonymous
N/A

This is a defect with Unity 3.1 installs into an NT4 domain.
Fresh installs of Unity3.1(x) in an NT4 domain will fail.

We are in the process creating and testing a fix. In the meantime, you can still install 3.0(x) in this configuration. We are also still investigating upgrade issues from 3.0(x) to 3.1(x).

I know this has been reported by a number of TAC engineers. The defect number CSCdw60729. If you have a TAC case for the Named Props problem, please make sure it gets attached to this defect.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

This problem has been tracked down and fixed. Hot fix files are being made available to TAC so if you need a work around for this, open a TAC case and they can get you the updated setup files you'll need for this.

CPR is working on getting a patched setup file for download off CCO that will fix this and CSCdv73752 (the problem with Ex55 sites that have spaces in their org names). I'll post a follow up out here when this is available for download. For now you need to contact TAC to get the files you need.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content