cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEC 2400 IMX & Unity

cvain
Level 1
Level 1

This question is a little off topic, but we're looking to provide a Call Manager and Unity implementation to a customer who is maxed out on their current NEC PBX.

Planning on deploying 100 users for CM and Unity initially and then in 6 mos or so integrating another 400 Unity subscribers with the NEC PBX.

Does anyone know if the NEC will support two voicemail systems (current voice mail is "AD-40 with 32 ports") so that we can migrate those users gradually or will the NEC and Unity integration need to be a flash cut.

Thanks,

Chris Vain

3 Replies 3

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

I would assume your NEC has an Octel up to it now. Depending on if you have two com ports , one in use wih the Octel the other you would use with Unity. The Unity would be set up with Dual Intergration, dialogic and NEC switch files for one side, and AvSkinny on the other. I don't know really how the Unity would react to this, but I think the switch wouldn't care. We have set up Unity with Failover with two separate Com ports on the NEC, sort of like how you want to go. You will most likely need to get into some tricking programming on the switch so the right MCI messages goes to the correct port. Might want to run it past your customer's NEC service and support group.

The NEAX can provide up to two MCI links so as long as it is just the AD-40 and Unity, you should be fine. Also, you shouldn't need to worry much about ensuring the right MCI messages go to the correct port. The default behavior that I've always seen is for the NEAX to send all MCI messages to both MCI links. AD-40 and Unity should both be fine with this. Each will use MCI messages matching their extensions and ignore those that don't.

-Eric

Thanks for your responses, they've been very helpful.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: