Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need a confirmation for possible scenario regarding Unity 3.15 Failover.

I am running two Unity servers with Failover at a customer. The servers have been up and running for a few weeks and replicating no problem. I've done manual failovers and everything works no problem.

This past weekend all servers had to be powered down. When they got powered back up only the Failover, NOT the Primary, was powered up. After this, Unity did not work and returned a busy signal when trying to access it.

In this scenario is it possible that the Failover Unity system would not have come up or, at the least, not have become active for any reason?

Is there ANY reason or scenario why the Failover Unity would not become active keeping this in mind.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Need a confirmation for possible scenario regarding Unity 3.

Is this a callmanager integration? Either way, the answer is no, the failover unity should always register its ports to the callmanager or be ready to take calls otherwise. I would check on the failover box to see if everything came up OK (i.e. did unity start, or did it have a problem getting to the mail store).

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.