Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need advice on Call Hunt

Hi Pros,

I have a setup of CCM 3.3 & CRS 3.1 (IVR). I have configured a script which says dial1 for team1, 2 for team2, etc. Further in the script is Call redirection to a extension number when a option is selected. I am planning to put a call hunt number in place of a single extension number.

I am facing two issues:

1) Call hunt is not getting configured properly. Do I need attendant console or something. I just want a hunt number say, 9999 which consists of 2 real phone exts & calls are served to them first available.

I have set up the pilot hunt number & also added the DN nos of the phones. The services are also running fine. But when I dial the pilot DN, it gives a fast busy tone. What could be the issue here?

2) Can I create a dummy route point say 1111 & say forward all to voice mail & add that route-point to the last of the hunt list? Will this result in calls going to voice mail if all phones are busy?

Kindly advise.

Pratik

1 REPLY

Re: Need advice on Call Hunt

In CM 3.3 you need to use Attendant Console to hunt. Native hunting in CM wasn't released till 4.x. You can also manual hunt via call forward on phones.

In your scenario create a Attendant Console Hunt Pilot. Also setup a Hunt Group with your two phones. If you want you can also add the "Always Route Member" for voicemail as you stated in step 2. Most likely the issue is related to not having your pilot number and your two real phone numbers associated with the AC user. That is a requirement for attendant console. Also restart the TCD service or insure that it's indeed running.

Thanks

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content