cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need advice......

kgiannone
Level 1
Level 1

I'm fairly new to all this router/configuration/networking stuff. I never dealt with this until I came here and started working with clients that had Cisco routers, and extensive networks built. My question is: where, other than the Cisco website (which I have read and printed out most everything), where can I go to read more about networking? Who has the best site/most accurate information, etc...? I have alot of books on Cisco routers (thanks to my dad), and I have borrowed books from the guy I'm dating (who is the Sr Network Engineer for an internet company). I'm trying to get my hands on as much as I can, because I'd like to eventually get myself certified. I'd appreciate any help!!!!!!!

2 Replies 2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

It sounds like you've taken a good look at Cisco.com. Make sure you've paid close attention to http://www.cisco.com/go/training

If any other forum users have other external recommendations based on your experieinces, please help Kathy out by replying to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

hi,

i wud like u to visit my website..www.geocities.com/sankartk/home.html. u will find many useful links to many resources regarding networking. some other useful sites are...

howstuffswork.com where u can find basic stuffs....

whatis.com

sitamoht.com

routergod.com

iponeverything.net

sureshhomepage.com

and in many of the above websites.. u may find lots of links to other websites...too...so its like a chain reaction...

for good tech whitepapers..u may go

techpapers.com

webproforum.com

hey i forgot to tell that all bove sites start with www.... nothing else... he he

i have worked a lot on routers mostly in configuration part........try doing a lot of labs......which is the best part i like........................

bye 4 now

shanky

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus