Views
Helpful
Replies

Need assistance for designing a VOIP network

a-rampurada
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is a rough description of our VOIP network, which I need to enhance the performance and security by controlling it from a single point of exposure.

We have a VOIP network with gateway-to-gateway interaction. Since we are using multiple gateways in the remote location due to geographical hurdles, we are currently sending traffic to all the gateways with multiple dial-plans and control complications involved with them. we would ideally need to send traffic to a single gateway/gatekeeper and let the gateway/gatekeeper do the distribution of traffic between the remote gateways. My questions are the following.

a). What would be the best solution for this issue ?

b). Will the radius server collect the proper records from the distributing gateway or gatekeeeper ?

Your input and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Arvinda Rampurada

3 Replies 3

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

a.iliev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It is expected that a new IP-IP Gateway will be introduced in November or December. This solution will be ideal for you. However, at present your only alternative is to use a Gategeeper or Multiple Gatekeepers with a directory gatekeeper. If you need a further assistance, you can contact me by e-mail at: ailiev@itdnet.net

Wish you luck.

Andrey

eyabane
Level 1
Level 1

Arvinda,

What you need is a Gatekeeper that routes the call signal (stateful Gatekeeper). We have the solution for this problem, and it incorporates CDRs collections and even an integration with an external Radius server, if you want to go the extra mile. Plus our solution allows a seamless integration with SIP, should you decide to add SIP entities to your VoIP network. Send me an email at epatasse@nextone.com, or check out our website, and see what i am talking about.

E.