cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Need config help, IOS MGCP gateway T-1 CAS on 3745

Hi All,

I'm looking for a link to a configuration page. I want to put a MGCP gateway on a 3745 router, with a VWIC-1MFT-T1 attached to a T-1 CAS line. I already have a VIC-2FXO working fine, but I can't get the T-1 configuration right. I've searched the CCO, but I can't find the right page.

Thanks, Randy

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Need config help, IOS MGCP gateway T-1 CAS on 3745

When setting up the gateway, try the help on the tool bar and click on help for this page and see if any of that information is helpful.

What exactly is wrong with the set up?

What CM version are you currently running?

Blue

Here's the relevant commands out of a 3745 I turned up today with an 8 channel T1 CAS E&M and MGCP fallback. This assumes your FXOs are MGCP also, and your router has registered with the Call Manager. Or are you asking for the Call Manager config? What is your specific symptom/problem?

controller T1 2/0

framing sf

linecode ami

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-8 type e&m-wink-start

dial-peer voice 500 pots

application mgcpapp

direct-inward-dial

port 2/0:1

forward-digits all

Community Member

Thanks,

I am looking for help configuring and troubleshooting the IOS gateway. The T-1 gateway doesn't register with Call Manager, but the FXO's do. I suspect that my IOS config isn't right. Here's the relevant sections from the config:

controller T1 3/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

no yellow generation

no yellow detection

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-11 type fxo-ground-start

ds0-group 1 timeslots 12-24 type e&m-wink-start

!

voice-port 3/0:0

output attenuation 0

!

voice-port 3/0:1

dial-peer voice 3 pots

application mgcpapp

port 3/0:0

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

application mgcpapp

port 3/0:1

Here's the "Show mgcp endpoint"

Interface T1 3/0

ENDPOINT-NAME V-PORT SIG-TYPE ADMIN

S3/ds1-0/1@Eye_St_3745 3/0:0 fxo-gs up

S3/ds1-0/2@Eye_St_3745 3/0:0 fxo-gs up

-output cut-

Community Member

Unlike the FXO ports, I'm pretty sure the T1 won't register with CallManager unless it has a connection established. Do you have the cable connected on both ends and is it showing an link?

Blue

Nothing obviously wrong with what you have there. Have you reloaded the router? I have seen a good reload fix a few weird ones. Next thing I would do would be to debug mgcp and see what is going on. If that doesn't suggest anything I would be looking at the Call Manager config. What version code are you running(CCM & IOS)?

Community Member

Hmm... I stopped and restarted MGCP and now it shows up in Call Manager. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Randy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content