Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

need help about voip: voice control and voice data

Hi everybody!

It's first time i work with voip on cisco router. Everything went fine but i got a small problem. I have to give 3% of bandwidth for voice control, and 20% of bandwidth for voice data. I don't know how to define what are packets voice control, and what are packets voice data.

Anyone can help me understand it? How to separate bandwidth for two of packet type?

Thank in advance!

P/S: my router is Cisco 2901, IOS version 15.2(4) full license or maximum license cause we bought from distributor.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are couple of different

There are couple of different ways to do this:

Assuming that the switch and every other device in between to the router is trusting QoS marking, you could match based on DSCP marking

class-map match-any VOICESIGNAL

match ip dscp cs3

class-map match-any VOICEDATA

match ip dscp ef

policy-map VOICE

class VOICEDATA

priority percent 20

class VOICESIGNAL

bandwidth percent 3

class class-default

fair-queue

random-detect (If needed)

Apply the above the policy-map to the WAN interface and add the bandwidth statement on this interface with the correct bandwidth that is available.

If its not possible to prioritize based on DSCP marking, you might have to look into ACLs. Basically match traffic that is going out using UDP port 16384 to 32767 as VOICEDATA and assign it EF and set priority percent as mentioned above. For signaling, you can match based on TCP/UDP - 5060, TCP -1720, TCP - 2427, TCP - 2000 and other ports as needed and assign it CS3 and use the same configuration as above..

Please rate useful posts.
4 REPLIES

There are couple of different

There are couple of different ways to do this:

Assuming that the switch and every other device in between to the router is trusting QoS marking, you could match based on DSCP marking

class-map match-any VOICESIGNAL

match ip dscp cs3

class-map match-any VOICEDATA

match ip dscp ef

policy-map VOICE

class VOICEDATA

priority percent 20

class VOICESIGNAL

bandwidth percent 3

class class-default

fair-queue

random-detect (If needed)

Apply the above the policy-map to the WAN interface and add the bandwidth statement on this interface with the correct bandwidth that is available.

If its not possible to prioritize based on DSCP marking, you might have to look into ACLs. Basically match traffic that is going out using UDP port 16384 to 32767 as VOICEDATA and assign it EF and set priority percent as mentioned above. For signaling, you can match based on TCP/UDP - 5060, TCP -1720, TCP - 2427, TCP - 2000 and other ports as needed and assign it CS3 and use the same configuration as above..

Please rate useful posts.
Community Member

Thank you, George Thomas!Can

Thank you, George Thomas!

Can i ask more one question: the bandwidth you give in example is 20% of total bandwidth for voice data + 3% for voice signal = 23% of total bandwidth of the interface? Or 3% bandwidth of voice signal already included in 20% of voice data, and all of them got only 20% of total bandwidth of the interface?

I need 20% voice data + 3% voice signal = 23% of total bandwidth of the interface. This example is right for me?

The example shows 23% of

The example shows 23% of total bandwidth.
Please rate useful posts.
Community Member

Thanks for your amazing

Thanks for your amazing support!

94
Views
0
Helpful
4
Replies
CreatePlease to create content