Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help desperately!

andy.chapman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Sorry to be a real pain but I'm still not getting anywhere with the call handlers and ringing extensions. Here is what I am trying to achieve:

An external call comes into Unity...

After four rings the opening greeting will play "Please wait while I transfer your call"...

The opening greeting will then ring another extension. If that extension doesn't answer after four rings a call handler will say something along the lines of "Thank you for holding, all of our operators are busy...". Once that greeting is played Unity will then ring yet another extension.

If, after four rings the third extension doesn't answer Unity will play another Call Handler greeting along the lines of "We are sorry but our operators are still busy, please continue to hold or hang up"...Unity will then attempt a fourth and final extension and if that does not answer after four rings a final call handler greeting will be played along the lines of "Sorry all of our operators are still busy please leave a message after the tone or hang up".

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated as what little hair I have is fast disappearing!

2 Replies 2

andy.chapman
Level 1
Level 1

I've got it!!!!!...well, the transfer to another extension anyway....so far I have managed to get Unity to ring up to another four extensions with the "Please hold while I transfer your call" greeting playing on everyone.

One final question, is it possible to get rid of the "Please hold while I transfer your call" for each of the dialed extensions so that it plays one of the above mentioned greetings?

Thanks, in advance

Andy

Here's a link to a thread that has the details on how to change or remove the "please hold while I transfer your call" prompt:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB?cmd=display_location&mode=new&location=.ee8253b/1

Be aware these changes are wiped out on upgrades and this isn't a TAC supported thing...