cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help!!! expert

shan-cao
Level 1
Level 1

I must design a VOIP&VPN system for a company's branch. according the requirement of customer, they need the branch can communicate with Center-office by VPN, and they can also use voip technology in whole network. I have made a design. but I don't know whether or not this design could be meet with customer exactly. I need help to confirm my design. Thanks.

I use a Cisco3662-AC to connect internet through 2M DDN, and use this 3662 to provide the voice/fax module(NM-HDV-1E1-30) to local PBX. so Cisco 3662 can transfer the call from PBX to Center-office. my first question is whether or not Center-office must use the gatekeeper to register related voip calls from branch? Next question is If I use PIX525 to provide the VPN application to local branch, whether or not I can make the voip calls originated from local be transfered to Center-office through PIX525? Last question is If I hope the VOIP calls be transfered through VPN, how to do it?

Oh, Thanks for your help. I keep waitting for your answer.

1 Reply 1

kbeltz
Level 1
Level 1

As far as the first question is concerned, the gate keeper is required at the central office.

Regarding the second question, I am not very sure of it. But I do have a document refered below which can be useful for your configurations.

Establishing Connectivity Through Cisco PIX Firewalls

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/23.html

Hope this helps.