Views
Helpful
Replies

need help for isdn pri (CCS) D channel

alcher
Level 1
Level 1

interface Serial slot/port:23

Can any body can give me a link/URL for me to refer on how can I change the D channel assignment for a T1. Like

interface Serial slot/port:<24 or any channel>

thanks

BAN

5 Replies 5

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think there is an easy way, you may look intoTDM crossconnect to try and get it into a different TS, but by definition for a PRI the signaling will be on TS24. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008010f05d.shtml

When using this command in a t1 controller pri-group timeslots 1-24 it will create directly D channel interface Serial1/0/0:23. what im trying to accomplish is to change the 23 to 24 since my telco assign the d channel to 24.

OK, is the first timeslot for the telco numbered as 0 or 1? I have never seen a PRI with the D chan in the second to last timeslot unless it is talking to another PBX af the same model through that PRI.

I bet it is in the last timeslot and the numbering is off. If you configure it as pri-group and do a show isdn status, what is the output?

What kind of switch are you connecting to?

If it is not in the last timeslot, inform your provider to make it a standard PRI by putting the D chan in the last TS(you are the customer)

i think they start at 1, by they way MCI my provider. And the switch they are using is 5ess. By the way how did cisco number the timeslot? and why is it that 23 is the default d channel.

I have run into this "phaseology" problem a few times with various telcos. We tend to look at the slots as 0-23, where the telco engineers tend view them as 1-24. Most of the time, the telco engineers are aware of these perspective differences and will accommodate for it when you turn up and test the PRI's by simply referring to the "last slot" as the d-channel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: