Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need help on IOS VG(3640) config details

I am implementing IP Telephony network , wherein i have Cisco 3640 with fxo ports as voice gateway.The ccm version is 3.0.1 which is without auto attendant.so a manual call attendant(ip phone) is required in betweem ccm and vg. Now as soon as the call comes in from pstn , the fxo port should switch that call to manual call attendant(ip phone), what would be the config for it. Dial-peer voip has to be defined with session target as the ip add of manual call attendanti.e the ip phone but i am not sure what would what i have to define in dial-peer pots ?

2 REPLIES

Re: Need help on IOS VG(3640) config details

First you should have the voip dial-peer configured to point at the Ip address of the CM itself.

Then set the voice port to do a PLAR connection to the attendant number.

ex.

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 3... (3... assumes your cm extension begin with 3 and are four digits long)

voce-port 1/1

destination-pattern 2xxx

connection plar 3123 (assumes attendant extension is 3123.

Jeff

This will cause the

Re: Need help on IOS VG(3640) config details

plar-opx might be a better option since then the VoIP-GW will not "answer" the call until the AA actually answers it....this way the customer (external if non 1-800#, or internal if 1-800#) is not billed until the call is actually answered. "plar-opx" is only supported on FXO ports, and has been available since the 12.0(7)XK release.

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 3... (3... assumes your cm extension begin with 3 and are four digits long)

codec g711u

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x (where x.x.x.x is the AA)

!

voice-port 1/1

destination-pattern 2xxx

connection plar-opx 3123 (assumes attendant extension is 3123.

Views
Helpful
Replies