Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need help ! problem with inline power on cisco 2821

Hi all!

Could anybody help me. I have cisco 2821 voice bundle with

NM-16ESW-PWR module. This module should provide power to ip phones but it doesn't. For it to provide power there must be PWR-2821-51-AC-IP power supply and I have installed it to 2821.

Problem is that etherswitch module doesn't provide power to connected phone and there are no commands in IOS, concerning inline power, such as "power inline" on switch port.

I tried several IOSs such as IOS 12.4.x-T Advanced enterprise services

and advanced ip services but no results.

Feature navigatore on cisco.com says that these IOSs should provide power...

Does anybody know what the matter with it?

Thanks advance

Alex

System engineer

Moscow

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Need help ! problem with inline power on cisco 2821

I have seen Cisco ship these modules disconnected interanlly inside the router. I recommand opening the router and checking all connections.

Chris

Thanks,

First i did that i opened the router, changed default power supply to power supply with inline power support (PWR-2821-51-AC-IP its part number), then i inserted network module NM-16ESW-PWR.

After that i entered commands "sh diag" and "sh inventory". These commnads says that NM-16ESW-PWR with power daughter card are presented...

Then i tried several IOSs mentioned my first post.

There must be commands "sh power" and "power inline" but these are not there :(

There is a 48V jumper cable that must be installed which runs from a connector on the motherboard to the NM-16ESW module. The cable should have been included in the AC-IP power supply box.

Views
Helpful
Replies