cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help!-Unable to add unity user from existing exchange user.

john-e
Level 1
Level 1

This is after the loss of the windows DC that CM and Unity were pointed to.

When attempting to Import an existing exchange user you are presented with the following error after clicking the "+" button that brings the search window up.

""Error: illegal configuration: Server list cannot be empty in Active Directory configuration. See Unity troubleshooting guide"

Long story short. I have a DC up again with the same name and at the same IP however it is not a tape restore of the same machine.

Any ideas?

~John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ensure that the Unity directory services are indeed pointing to the correct DC/GC. Check HKLM\Software\Active Voice\DirectoryConnectors. There will be entries for the AvDirMonAd and AvDirMonGlobalCatalog (or something close to that if my memory doesn't serve me correct). If these settings are correct, go ahead and try restarting the AvDSAD and AvDSGlobalCatalog services (both of those are needed during a subscriber import). If you have the SA open when you restart these services, close the SA and log back in. Check the event log for any error messages.

If that doesn't cut it, we can crack open some AvSADbConn traces, since it's my guess that the communication breakdown is b/w the Unity SA and the AvDsGlobalCatalog, or the AvDsGlobalCatalog and the DC/GC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ensure that the Unity directory services are indeed pointing to the correct DC/GC. Check HKLM\Software\Active Voice\DirectoryConnectors. There will be entries for the AvDirMonAd and AvDirMonGlobalCatalog (or something close to that if my memory doesn't serve me correct). If these settings are correct, go ahead and try restarting the AvDSAD and AvDSGlobalCatalog services (both of those are needed during a subscriber import). If you have the SA open when you restart these services, close the SA and log back in. Check the event log for any error messages.

If that doesn't cut it, we can crack open some AvSADbConn traces, since it's my guess that the communication breakdown is b/w the Unity SA and the AvDsGlobalCatalog, or the AvDsGlobalCatalog and the DC/GC.

Very nice! You are right on the money. Thank you!

I had not brought my new DC up as a GC. I repointed the registry setting to point at one of my GCs. Closed SA. Then re-opend SA and was good to go.

See this related article. <---Additional thanks to Daniel @ Sydney TAC.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdx72642

Also an FYI-I am running 3.1(5)

Kind regards,

~John

There is no such thing as missed opportunities. They just go to someone else

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: