I'm a VoIP noob and need help with a BARS upgrade. To resolve a known problem (Bug #CSCsi32637) we need to upgrade BARS from 4.0.12 to 4.0.13. This is per TAC. However, no one in our company has done this before. I've reviewed the 4.0.12 Admin Guide since I was unable to find any admin docs for 4.0.13. However, I have several questions about this upgrade that hopefully someone here can help with:
1) The install for 4.0.12 requires a reboot of the server. Is this the same for 4.0.13?
2) CCM version is 4.1(3)sr6; any problems known with BARS 4.0.13 and this version of CCM? I didn't see
anything in the Rel Notes or via the Bug Toolkit (figure it never hurts to ask).
3) Will the previously input configuration settings (i.e., Data Source Servers, Storage Location, Schedule) be preserved or will I have to reinput these settings?
4) Any known issues with performing this upgrade while controlling the server via VNC?
5) The 4.0.12 docs state that "To successfully back up the Cisco Unified CallManager database, the backup server and backup targets must exist in the same cluster and have the same version of BARS installed". So BARS must be installed on my publisher (the Backup Server) AND my three subscribers? I'm not finding BARS on these subscribers now.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...