Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with Conference Bridge configuration

erik.stillman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're running CCM 3.3 on a relatively new install and the conference feature is yet to work. We do hear Music on Hold but as soon as the soft key for conference is pressed a second time, all three IP phones are disconnected.

Any obvious clues on why this might not work? Or any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thank you,

Erik

5 Replies 5

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open CCMAdmin, Service, Media Resource page.

Open your Media Resource Group List (MRGL). Do you have any configured - do they have any entries for Media Resource Group (MRG)?

Do your MRGs have any entries for CFB_servername?

Do your phones have the same Device Pool? (to narrow down the issue)

Do you have different codecs? (though I think you would hear fast busy instead of being dropped)

Adding a Software Conference Device

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008011b450.html#xtocid1

H. M.

We have the following configuration:

MRGL_Test [includes MRG_Test]

MRG_Test [includes CFB_server]

CFB_server [device pool = default]

IP Phone [device pool = default & MRGL = MRGL_Test]

I also confirmed the codecs are all G711.

Thanks for the reply,

Erik

bianderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Definitely check the CFB is there and in an MRGL/MRG, but if your phones are using G.729, and you try to use the software CFB, the calls DO just get dropped. The CCM CFB is G.711 only.

Cheers.

Bill.

teid
Level 1
Level 1

Erik,

Assuming you have a CFB resource in MRG/MRGL, you can try resetting it to see if it makes a difference. I have seen some of them hang before.

Tony.

erik.stillman
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone - problem solved!

We reset the conf bridge, MRG and MRGL. It all started working.

Regards,

Erik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: