Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with proper dial-peer config

Gurus,

I have CME with a fractional (12 trunk) PRI T1 for dial tone. In addition to the DID block of 100 numbers given to me by the telco (451-3800 through -3899), I also have 3 numbers pointed to the T1 that have been published business numbers for many years now. Every instrument has its own DID (about 40 users), and the 3 published numbers will be shared among the phones in various arrangements, but two of the published numbers will definitley be configured in an overlay-dn arrangement.

Question: I found an example of an incoming dial-peer and then modified and used it for one of the published numbers (See config, dial-peer #2, below). The number (474-0063) is ringing in correctly now, but...

1.) is there anything else that I need to do to the dial-peer?

2.) do I create two more dial peers for the additional two numbers (474-0061, and -0062) the same way as the first?

3.) how do I create the dn's for the additional two numbers (I know I will need to create multiple dn's for the same number if I want to do overlay dn's) since, like I said I just copied an example and am not sure what the "trunk 98" attribute refers to in ephone-dn 25

4.) how do I create OUTGOING dial-peers for the three non-DID block numbers, so that calls can be dialed out bearing those numbers as caller ID?

Thank you for any advice,

Michael

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^451\(.*\)/ /\1/

!

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /9074513801/ /3801/

rule 2 /9074513802/ /3802/

!

!

voice translation-profile incomingpri

translate called 1

!

voice translation-profile to_cue

translate called 10

!

!

!

!

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-11,24

description PRI to PSTN

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 3802 voip

description VM-AA-PSTN

translation-profile outgoing to_cue

destination-pattern 98745138..

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.211.2.2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 3801 voip

destination-pattern 380.

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.211.2.2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 4513800 voip

description Main Number Backup

destination-pattern 3800

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

session target ipv4:10.211.2.72

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

fax rate disable

!

dial-peer voice 101 pots

tone ringback alert-no-PI

destination-pattern 9.T

port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 102 pots

tone ringback alert-no-PI

destination-pattern 9[2-8]......

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile incoming incomingpri

incoming called-number 451....

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits 4

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

translation-profile incoming 0063

incoming called-number 4740063

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits all

!

!

ephone-dn 25

number 4740063

label 474-0063

trunk 98 timeout 30

8 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Need help with proper dial-peer config

1.) is there anything else that I need to do to the dial-peer?

remove that dial-peer and replace with the following config:

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /4740063/ /0063/

!

voice translation-profile PublishedNumbers

translate called 2

!

dial-peer voice 10063 voip

description Published Number 4740063

translation-profile incoming PublishedNumbers

destination-pattern 4740063

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

session target ipv4:

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

fax rate disable

Add additional rules under "voice translation-rule 2" for each published number AND a dial-peer for each of them (copy the above dial-peer and just chang the dial-peer number and destination pattern)

2.) do I create two more dial peers for the additional two numbers (474-0061, and -0062) the same way as the first?

answered abvoe

3.) how do I create the dn's for the additional two numbers (I know I will need to create multiple dn's for the same number if I want to do overlay dn's) since, like I said I just copied an example and am not sure what the "trunk 98" attribute refers to in ephone-dn 25

Just create an ephone-dn for each of those three above numbers. You don't need the "trunk" commands. Once you have assigned them to ephone-dn's, you can apply them to physcial phones as overlays. Also, the ephone-dn "number" should be the 4 digit extension as the dial-peer above I had you add has the translation rule that changes it to 0063.

4.) how do I create OUTGOING dial-peers for the three non-DID block numbers, so that calls can be dialed out bearing those numbers as caller ID?

This is where it gets a little tricky and you may want to look at configuring COR (class of restriction) but for a quick bandaid let me ask you if you have more than 10 phones "per" published number that you want to send out. We could use translation rules to set the outbound caller id but you can only have 10 rules.

don't forget to rate posts.

andy - berbee

Thanks andy-berbee for the reply.

I did as you instructed (see config) but had to return to my previous config. With your config, when I dialed the number (4740063) on my cell, I got dial tone (that is to say, I was 'answered' with a dial tone). Pressing any numbers on my phone would then give me a fast busy. I looked carefully to be certain I had not missed anything. When I did a 'show ephone-dn 25', the only thing that I saw that was goofy was that it was identified as 'station number 4510063', the error being that the prefix is totally wrong for that number, but I have no idea if that makes any difference in this case or not.

Apologies for my newb-ness! Please let me know what I should do next.

Thanks,

Michael

I've had this problem before. Try entering the 'direct-inward-dial" command on the dial-peer in question.

Thanks for the reply, but it seems as if the direct-inward-dial statement cannot be used if the dial-peer being created is a voip dial-peer. I did try to re-create andy-berbee's config, simply changing 'voip' to 'pots', but then other statements were not accepted, starting with 'modem passthrough'.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Blue

Malberttoo,

Please add the following dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 99 pots

incoming called-number .

andy - berbee

And then continue with the config that you posted previously?

Blue

yes, but please make sure that the 99 pots dial-peer is the FIRST dial-peer listed. In order to do this you will have to remove the other ones (just cut/paste) and paste the 99 pots dial-peer in first.

please rate posts.

andy - berbee

andy-berbee, thanks again for your response, but I'm still encountering the same problem as before, being answered with dial tone. However, at least I have determined that it is internal 'intercom' dial tone; when I called the number and was answered with the dial tone, I input one of our user's 4 digit extension numbers, and rang right to her desk.

Could you please check my config to make sure I've followed the instructions properly?

Thanks,

Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content