Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need info on FXS and FXO

hi all

i hve the following setup and i need to know whether my query can be implemented or designed on the same network.

FXS-------->|||||||||||ISP|||||||||||<---------FXO---------->||||||Exchange||||||||||||

(router A) (router B)

I hve a router with FXS card installed at location A/Router A and a Router B installed at location B.

A normal Telephone line is connected to the FXS card.At present people from location B r calling the PSTN no and able to communicate with Location A.

whts my query at present is shall i make a call to location B(router B) from location A and establish connections (voice) with some particular places in Location B.(by defining some nos to match some local PSTN nos at location B)(main plan is to make the PSTN line at Location B to dial some numbers which i want to map at router B).So that from Location A i will dial a number it will land @ Location B then using the PSTN line i want to land @ some places whoses numbers i m going to map in router B.

thks in advance

prem

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Need info on FXS and FXO

I think what you want to do is plar. I.e when a call comes into the router from the pstn it automatically gets routed to an FXS phone on the other side.

You configure :

connection plar opx 1234

under the voice port where the call is coming in from and then have a dial-peer

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 1234

session target 1.1.1.1

which points to the other router. 1234 should be the extension of the remote phone.

Hope that helps.

Re: Need info on FXS and FXO

hi husain

thks for the reply.wht i meant to say is i need to dial a number from Location A (FXS) which will inturn route the call to Location B(FXO) is there anyway to map or do some settings @ Location B so if i dial a number at Location A which in turn routed to Location B and initiate a call with the PSTN line @ Location B .

is it possible ?????

regds

prem

Views
Helpful
Replies