Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need list / link of IOS Feature Set identifiers

Could someone plaese post a link containing a list of the the various letter identifiers for IOS feature sets and thier corresponding features. I'm having trouble finding one. I keep finding articles explaning the IOS release cycles. Some show examples of how to read an image file name, but don't provide a list of all possible letters.

Thanks,

Kyle

4 REPLIES

Re: Need list / link of IOS Feature Set identifiers

Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/620/1.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Thanks,

Brandon

Thanks for the link. However, I have already read come across that link in my search. The letters that it describes on that page refer to special releases of a particular version, and are tacked on to the end of the file name or version. I am looking for a list that identfies the letters immediately following the platform number (such as a 1700 router):

ex.

c1700-y-mz.122-15.T7 => the "y" here (actual file name in flash file system)

OR

(C1700-Y-M) ("Y" shown in a "sh ver" command)

I believe "Y" is the basic IP set. I believe "j" refers to the enterprise feature set based on specific examples I have read. I want to say "z" is the IP-PLUS feature set, but I am not sure.

I am looking for a list that depicts those features within the release, not the identifiers describing the history of the released versions in the train of a particular release (like the main release 12.2)

I was hoping there is a table somewhere. I am sure there is, but searching the CISCO site is returning too many un-related pages.

Sorry for the confusion, Kyle. I think this is what you're looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_white_paper09186a00801ab747.shtml#identifiers

Brandon

Thanks Brandon...that looks like what I want. I appreciate it.

Kyle

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content