Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need recommendation on entry-level VoIP setup

I need some help on selecting an entry-level VoIP setup. I'm trying to keep costs down as much as possible, but still have something scalable. Our local site has two T1s to two upstream Internet providers. We also have a PBX that we manage ourselves. The first remote location has a 64k satellite connection. A second location may come online soon after that.

We'd like to be able to receive calls at the central site and forward them on to the remote site, and also have the remote site be able to place outgoing calls through our PBX (local and long distance).

What equipment do we need? Do we need anything other than an IP telephone at the remote sides?

Thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: Need recommendation on entry-level VoIP setup

Hello, i think you sould try instead of IP Telephony two routers with voice interfaces (1751,1760,2600,3600) with 2 or 4 analog lines, so you can use the services of the central PBX. That solution will not be expensive. The only issue that you sould take care is the delay caused by the satellite connection.

Best Regards!

Jose Armas

Views
Helpful
Replies