Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need recommendations for Jabber desktop sharing

I have a customer that wants to implement Instant Messaging, Presence, and desktop sharing in their environment.  I am trying to find the pros and cons of various solutions to make this happen within the constraints of their needs.  I am also trying to find feature documentation on various products and how they work together.  I have a solution working today with another customer, but want to know if there are more cost effective ways to provide the same functionality.  

Once of the restrictions in this design is the customer does not want to use the Jabber soft phone.

Solution 1 (Which works today)

CUCM 10.x, Webex Meeting Center (subscription), Webex Messenger (subscription), Jabber clients......  With this list of products, the users can use Instant Messaging and Web Conferencing provided by the Webex subscription.  Desktop sharing is handled as part of the Webex Meeting Center integration.

Possible Solution 2....

CUCM 10.x, IM & Presence, Webex Meetings Server, Jabber clients......  Will these products work together to provide the desktop sharing as part of the solution that can be launched via a Jabber chat session?

If anyone can provide any documentation links on how all these products can work together, please send them my way.

Thanks in advance, 

Jesse

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

As it stands today, if you

As it stands today, if you need desktop share when not on a call, you need solution 1. Solution 2 provides desktop share when you are on a softphone call. Solution 2 allows you to escalate it to a Webex meeting but doesnt provide standalone desktop share.

Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.