Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need Router(FXS) to PABX(FXO) VoIP Configuration Help

I m currently in the test phase of deploying VoIP to our network. We have two other branch office with two users each connected to our main office. At our main office we have a 3661 router while our two branch office have 1751 routers.

For our 3661 we have orederd IP plus IOS (S366CP-12211T),NM-2V module and FXO cards

For our 1751 we have oredered, 2 FXS cards, memory modules,two 8-Channel Packet Voice DSP Module, and have already installed c1700-sy-mz.122-8.YM on these 1751 routers.

We want our branch office to be part of our main office PABX extensions. Set up like this:

BO Phone <--->1751<-----lease line-->3661<--->PABX<--->HQ phone

say we want the branch office to use the following extensions; 213 and extension 214

I need configuration example on connecting our branch office to be part of our HQ PABX extensions. Including QOS

Need help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Need Router(FXS) to PABX(FXO) VoIP Configuration Help

do a SH DIAG and confirm the router sees the DSP modules and the voice cards. If the IOS is running the correct voice enabled feature set, you will the config now has voice-port x/y/ where X is the slot, Y is the module and z is the port.

The 3660 will need an IP plus feature set , the 1751 will need a 'voice' or 'vox' feature set to support the voice ports.

6 REPLIES

Silver

Check out the following link on how to connect FXO and FXS ports to make them appear as direct PBX extensions -

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/signalling/pbx_across_ip.html

In tems of QOS, we would need to know more about the connection in between, Here are some starters -

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voice-qos/voip-mlppp.html

Thanks for your links. Very informative. The equipments have been delivered. Questions:

When I install the PVD- DSP module, how do I know that it is working OK ?

When upgrading my 3660 IOS, do I need to keep the old IOS or erase it ?

Silver

do a SH DIAG and confirm the router sees the DSP modules and the voice cards. If the IOS is running the correct voice enabled feature set, you will the config now has voice-port x/y/ where X is the slot, Y is the module and z is the port.

The 3660 will need an IP plus feature set , the 1751 will need a 'voice' or 'vox' feature set to support the voice ports.

Thank you for your helpful information. Now I know why it doesnt pick up the modules. I also bought IOS - S366CP-12301 3660 Cisco IP Plus IOS for my 3661 router. I hope it is the right IOS.

can you please tell me the exact IOS I should buy. Browsing through and trying to locate the right IOS on your IOS Matrix is quite difficult.

Please I really need help so that I can continue with this VoIP testing

Anyway, thank you for the informative reply

Silver

The 12.3.1 IP plus should be OK for the 3660. It has a good combination of features for analogue and digital voice systems and has up to date QOS features as well.

Even if you have any problems with it, you can open a TAC Case and they will advise you of a suitable fixed release and if necessary post it on CCO for you to download.

Views
Helpful
Replies