cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to change the Softkey template on a few hundred phones....help!

Is there any way to change the softkey template on multiple phones? I did not see it in the BAT tool.

Thanks,

Rimon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Were using 3.3(2) and I can't see this option in BAT.

However, you could use BAT to configure device pools for each group of phones and then change the softkey template for that device pool. Then reset the phones in that device pool to have the template activated for that pool.

HTH

D

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

Are you running 3.3, as i'm sure this option is only available from this version onwards?

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Were using 3.3(2) and I can't see this option in BAT.

However, you could use BAT to configure device pools for each group of phones and then change the softkey template for that device pool. Then reset the phones in that device pool to have the template activated for that pool.

HTH

D

Yes! Thank you! This will help me out wuite a bit. Now I have another question, what will happen to 7912s in this group since they do not support the softkey templates. Will they simply not be changed or will this cause some unwanted side effects?

Thanks again David!

Not 100% sure as we don't use the 7912's, but I will test one tomorrow if I can get hold of one.

However, when we enabled Call Back we changed all phones in several device pools that contained 7910, 7940 and 7960 phones. Didn't seem to affect the 7910's which don't support the Call Back feature.

HTH

D